The Riadven Pack
Hello there! We are a fun-loving wolf roleplay group and feel free to look around and apply to join if you'd like<3

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» Awh, we're all lil ol' nerds~
Fri Aug 11, 2017 1:35 pm by Verine

» SURPRISE PACK BY DUKANE HURRAY!!!!
Sat Jul 09, 2016 1:46 pm by Castor

» my new pack
Wed Jun 22, 2016 9:45 am by Castor

» Instead of Disappearing off the ends of the Earth...
Thu Dec 03, 2015 9:56 pm by Cassiel

» The Main Den
Sat Nov 28, 2015 12:37 am by Makoce

September 2017
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

I'm back sorta

View previous topic View next topic Go down

I'm back sorta

Post by Guest on Wed Jul 09, 2014 6:02 pm

*Erases my now irrelevant cat story*
Let's just forget about that whole story
//is seriously embarrassed and sorry for making this thread
Seriously I'm really sorry 
But my cats are doing a tooon better now thanks to this<33

Anyways.
So that totes was not a week. That was probably a month or so of an efa and I'm so sorry I left for so long.
I just got busy and lost my motivation to get back into the site, which may not come back for a while.
I've literally just lost interest in wolves, and with the activity of the site and my new 9 hours of straight band camp every day, I probably won't be as active, but I will try to be. So this will kinda be my unofficial return. I will probably disappear again, but here's just an update on me. 
I've missed you all, though, and I can see I missed a lot! I have a quite a bit to catch up on. 
So what all did I miss? Both in RP and out?
News time.

Last edited by Snare on Tue Aug 05, 2014 9:30 pm; edited 2 times in total

Back to top Go down

Re: I'm back sorta

Post by Winter on Wed Jul 09, 2014 6:18 pm

My cat is completely black. And I love him<3
His name is porter ;-;
Actually, a lot of people in my family had or have black cats ><
Im sure you'll find them some good homes c:
BUT YEAH I LOVE MY KITTY<3
Winter
Admin

Location : Lost in my imagination. With an axe since Im an axe murderer. ;3

Character sheet
Name: Winter Tolliver Saskia.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed Jul 09, 2014 6:28 pm

All my cats in the past were black and I loved them.

But it seems people now days, or people around where I live, just don't want black cats.
The craigslist ads are full of free kitten ads and people always get the ones other than black and leave those behind. There's a lot of free black kitten ads.
I just hope I can find them forever-homes with people who I trust will fix them.

Back to top Go down

Post by Dawn on Wed Jul 09, 2014 6:46 pm

CNA I HAVE ONE?? I LOVE BLACK CATS I HAD TWO NOW I HAVE A TORIE AND SHE JUST BIT MY TOE OW BUT CAN I HAVE ONE?

Character sheet
Name: Deyanira

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kahlua on Wed Jul 09, 2014 6:58 pm

If you knew/suspected she was in heat why didn't you keep her inside?

Character sheet
Name: Kahlua

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed Jul 09, 2014 7:01 pm

TOTES YO

I have that in there. Because my mother refused to let that happen.
When we first got her, she had fleas so my mother threw her outside. She was going to be an indoor cat.
Even after we got rid of them, she still wouldn't let her come in for, like, just one night.
So when we suspected she was in heat, I asked her and she still refused.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kahlua on Wed Jul 09, 2014 7:19 pm

You mother needs a course in the responsibilities of animal care ...

Just throwing the cat outside isn't going to help. In fact, leaving her outside will make things worse. She'll get more fleas and ticks, she can get sick from many other things and cats fight, so she could get injured from other animals. It is safer(and cheaper!) to keep her inside(unless, of course, she doesn't get taken to a vet if she's sick/injured - then it doesn't matter where she is).

If your mother refuses to take care/let you take care of her then you shouldn't have a cat.

Any animal should be kept inside. It keeps them healthier and they live longer. And no animal(even a cat) should be let outside off a leash unless you are positive that the animal will stay within a fence(which is very few animals). There are too many dangers for an outdoor animal.

I'm sorry, but I have zero tolerance for irresponsible animal owners.

Character sheet

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed Jul 09, 2014 7:26 pm

This wasn't my fault.

And you're telling me this? When it's my mother who was in charge of what exactly will go down?
If I could have went on and took car of my cat without my mother's interference, I'd have a never pregnant, never-had-fleas, fixed and indoor cat.
Obviously, this is exactly what I was planning with the rest of my family.

My mother never refused to take care of her and we both pampered the cat until she got the fleas.
Everything was fine until my mother decided not to help her immediately but instead throw her outdoors. I can't do anything about this.

I didn't know that was going to happen. If I did I wouldn't have gotten her. I can't read my mother's mind and know her exact responses to anything that happens. She's never done something like this. She had never gave me a warning she'd do this to my cat.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kahlua on Wed Jul 09, 2014 7:35 pm

I'm not saying it's your fault. It's your mother's. She's the adult. She's the one who needs to know how to take care of the cat and make sure she does get the care she needs.

Once the cat got thrown out, I consider that refusing to take care of her. Fleas may be tough to get rid of, but they're not impossible.

If she liked the cat I don't understand why she threw her out instead of getting it taken care of. All you needed to do was get some flea treatment, give her regular baths and comb her out with a flea comb. My dogs have had fleas before and they are not that hard to get rid of.

Character sheet

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed Jul 09, 2014 7:41 pm

The fleas. We did take care of it. The reason she threw her out was because "the house will get infested". Which my room did really bad. It took months to get rid of the fleas. Cat and dog fleas must be different in getting rid of easily.
We ended having to tend her outside and she still wasn't trusted to come back inside because of the horrible infestation.

It's like trying to clean a muddy shoe by throwing it in more mud. 

Believe me, I don't agree with what my mother chose to do. It's contradictory.
But it's already happened and there was no way to stop it. All I need help with right now is finding her babies a new home. We already have her booked for the vet in a few weeks to get her spayed.

EDIT: And sorry if I'm coming of as ill.
I kinda wasn't expecting to get hate.
I appreciate you trying to help me but you're just telling me stuff I already know and all I can do is argue back. This has happened under my mother's choice, which I have fought to change, and can't be undone. You're shoving "shoulda coulda woulda" stuff in my face when this wasn't my choice and I can't change it. It's just making me more upset.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kahlua on Wed Jul 09, 2014 7:55 pm

As soon as the kittens are old enough, they need to be spayed/neutered as well. Most people won't which leads to more incidents like this and it turns into a never-ending loop. If you look online, you might be able to find a shelter or something that will help adopt out the kittens. That's what we did with our puppies. I don't remember the name of the place, but they paid for the spaying/neutering of the puppies and we fostered them until the dogs got adopted(there were adoption drives at the local Petsmart every weekend). I'd suggest looking into something like that.

I would also suggest you have a talk with your mother about the cat. If she still will not let the cat inside, then you might have to find another home for it. Like I said before, outside is not a good place for the cat. In the long run, it could end up costing a lot more keeping her outside(with vet bills).

And about the fleas. Regular vacuuming, bathing and combing of the cat should keep them in check. Investing in some flea medication is also a good idea if the fleas are very bad. Perhaps you and your mother should search online for flea treatment methods. There are ways to keep it under control without forcing the cat to stay outside.

I know this for a fact. My dogs have had fleas before and I did the same things I suggested above. They don't have a flea problem anymore and they get let out in the backyard very often.

Another option, if you want to keep her and your mother still insists on keeping her outside, is find/buy/build an enclosure outside for her. Something with decent shading, things to climb and toys for her to play with that she can't get out of(screen, mesh or netting around it). It's not ideal and it may still end up costing more than it would to just keep her inside, but it's better than letting her run loose.

EDIT: You need to have a serious talk with her about this. Make her understand that what she is doing is NOT in the best interest of the cat. I'm sorry if this is upsetting,(and it certainly isn't hate, just worry for the cat) but sometimes this is what it takes to get something to change. Look these things up. If you can find a good solution tell your mother about it and see what she says about it.

Character sheet

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed Jul 09, 2014 8:03 pm

I hope you read my edit because it's really all I can say to respond to.

I know.

We are getting the kitten fixed before we sell them.
Thanks for the rescue suggestion.
She has had zero problems with being outside.
We tend to her fleas regularly.
She has all those things currently.

I made this forum for stories and tips on finding them homes, not to get bashed on for things that has happened in the past.

Back to top Go down

Post by Runa on Wed Jul 09, 2014 10:23 pm

ohmygod. ;-;
I want a black kitty! DDD:

Here's a few tips (that you probably already know) for getting them homes:
~If you have a town notice board or something of the like where you can post advertisements and stuff, get some posters there with the kittens' age, price and picture on it.
~If you're selling them, keep it fairly cheap, or completely free.
~Be sure to make sure they are in tip top shape, and try to sell them just before/after they are weaned. ^^

Also, I gotta disagree on keeping cats inside all the time. That just doesn't sound right: They're animals for goodness sakes!

Character sheet
Name: Runa

View user profile http://distant-bloods-pack.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed Jul 09, 2014 10:34 pm

Keep them all and build a kitty army

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeamesero on Thu Jul 10, 2014 2:55 am

Aww black kitties. <3333
I love all animals, whether they are dogs, cats or birds or whatever.
I wish I could take one or more from you, but I'm sure my parents wouldn't allow it... "You still don't have a job, you cannot have a pet." WELL EXCUSE MEEE, MOTHER. ;_;

Jeamesero

Character sheet
Name: Jeamesero

View user profile http://jeamesthewolf.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Verine on Thu Jul 10, 2014 10:59 am

I hope you are able to sort things out while you're away darling.<3
I'll miss you ;-;
And I don't think you did anything wrong at all--You were doing what you could with your mother and all.

I love you darling<3 And I would take the kitties off your hands, but we're getting two new puppies soon soo... That's happening.<3
Before I end this, ILOVEYOU.
Come back soonnnnn~ .3.
Verine
Admin

Character sheet
Name: Verine bb ;3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue Aug 05, 2014 9:30 pm

Bump

Back to top Go down

Post by Cassiel on Tue Aug 05, 2014 9:36 pm

SNARE<333

Welcome back! And as for what you missed, well. There's gonna be a butt load of puppies coming soon o3o

And don't worry about EFA's. Stuff happens, and if it gets in the way of being on here? Then so be it c:

Anyway, ye. Welcome back even though this is terribly late x3
Cassiel
Google Master

Location : Kickstarting the rebellion against black licorice ._.

Character sheet
Name: Cassiel

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue Aug 05, 2014 9:41 pm

CASS BB
Thnx<3333

Omg who is having pups?
I know Deya/Duke is which is super cute and congrats to you two if you guys see this.
Anyone else?

Aww thanks bae
I always feel so bad when I leave like this, but it can be so hard to keep up with sometimes.

And nah it's not late. I just rewrote the first post a few minutes ago.  c:

Back to top Go down

Post by Verine on Tue Aug 05, 2014 10:09 pm

Snareeeeeee<3
I MISSED YOU A LOT. x3

And... As far as I know, I think the only other pups to expect aRE THE CASSERINE PUPS.<3

But uhm. Yeah lots has happened while you've been gone. I don't really want to explain it though because I know it'll be long and confusing and this post is already starting to become longer than it needs to be. Im so sorry.

BUT HELLO I LOVE YOU WELCOME BACK.<3

Admin

Character sheet
Name: Verine bb ;3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeamesero on Wed Aug 06, 2014 3:01 am

SNARE BB WELCOME BACK! WE MISSED YOU! <333

Duke and Deya are gonna have pups, new members joined, Jeames went crazy again, posts randomly have been disappearing all over the site, that kind of stuff. :p
I can't fix the post thing. ;_;

WELCOME BACK, HURRR~

Jeamesero

Character sheet
Name: Jeamesero

View user profile http://jeamesthewolf.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Dawn on Wed Aug 06, 2014 1:22 pm

WELCOME BACK BB I LOVE YOU.
I'm having puppies with Dukane :3 Thanks for the congrats bb. Everything that Jeames said, lots of newbies, also Deya and Duke aren't having pups it's just a plan they aren't mates yet. OMG I MISSED YOU KHI

Character sheet
Name: Deyanira

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top