The Riadven Pack
Hello there! We are a fun-loving wolf roleplay group and feel free to look around and apply to join if you'd like<3

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Riadven Pack
Hello there! We are a fun-loving wolf roleplay group and feel free to look around and apply to join if you'd like<3
The Riadven Pack
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» Awh, we're all lil ol' nerds~
Lake of Red Leaves - Page 4 EmptyWed Dec 20, 2023 6:45 pm by Jeamesero

» What Music Are You Listening To?
Lake of Red Leaves - Page 4 EmptySat Apr 24, 2021 12:52 pm by Jeamesero

» Count to 1000!
Lake of Red Leaves - Page 4 EmptySat Apr 24, 2021 12:44 pm by Jeamesero

» Yum or yuck?
Lake of Red Leaves - Page 4 EmptySat Apr 24, 2021 12:36 pm by Roki

» I drop a_
Lake of Red Leaves - Page 4 EmptySat Apr 24, 2021 12:35 pm by Roki

March 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Lake of Red Leaves

+13
Shun
Wjinry
Kahlua
Winter
Bright Fang
Kiokkia
Caro
Jeamesero
Verine
Cassiel
Shadow
Dawn
Maverick
17 posters

Page 4 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Lake of Red Leaves - Page 4 Empty Lake of Red Leaves

Post by Maverick Sat Mar 22, 2014 11:33 am

First topic message reminder :

Lake of Red Leaves - Page 4 78384%20Maple%20and%20Birch%20Trees%20in%20Fall%20Color,%20Adirondack%20Park%20and%20Preserve,%20New%20York

The Lake of Red Leaves is a lake surrounded by birch trees. However, the real reason for its name is because there there is a tree with red leaves near it. It stays like that all year, and in the warmer seasons flowers bloom by the shores, making it a wonderful place for romantic couples.
Maverick
Maverick
Head Admin

Location : Long gone... contactable on FeralHeart and my DeviantART account (@Kikiorylandia)

Character sheet
Name: Maverick

http://kikiorylandia.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Lake of Red Leaves - Page 4 Empty Re: Lake of Red Leaves

Post by Caro Sat Aug 30, 2014 3:56 pm

CARO:

An airy breeze combed along the sides of the healer's face and the scent of warm water hit his nose. The sun, in all its glory, pierced his gaze and he furiously blinked away the spots that rendered him blind. Shielding his precious sight, he came to stand in the shade of a tree, riding himself of the bleaching star. The clearing before him was quaint with dark grass, spots of marigolds, and a large basin filled with murky, swirling colors. Large trees sprouted here and there, his chin lifted the slightest bit as his gaze traveled along it's core.
Caro loved to look at things. One of his particular intrest was the sky, its many shades of colors, changing constantly thorughout the day, never the same as it were seconds ago. At night he famililarized himself with constellations he had been told of in stories as a pup, and he would admire their changes. Although those were his own private thoughts that he did not share with anyone; not even Shard. It was hard to admit to himself that he was fond of something, that he sought the beauty of it every waking moment. The darkness, he found refuge in it's blanket, as it wrapped itself around him all through his life. For a strange feeling of admitting a love for something hardened his heart, for it was too ridiculous for him to ever believe he would allow himself to love.
Love, came a bitter thought, was not created for a soul like me.

Suddenly a strange, thrumming sound made his left ear twitch and fly downwards, his attention was quickly adverted as he watched a strange bug fly around his cranium for a moment, until he lost intrest in it, and peered around him.
It was warm, and his fur was insulated with a thick mat of underfur that he had adapted with the cold climate he had been born in. Now, he felt over heated, and so he backed up gratefully, deeper into the shade he was previously residing in.
A thought then crossed his mind.
Did it ever snow here?
A strange mix of emotions swirled, he wasn't sure if he would like it to snow. The snow only brought bitter cold memories, and his lips wrinkled to it. Yet he couldn't help but think of Raven, and his sore joints that ached during the bitter months, and Caro wondered, whether or not the old, sour male would live to see the next flakes of winter.
The thought of the dying elder, reminded him of the reason he was here.
His eyes suddenly snapped towards a group of wolves, and immedietly they found the bodies of the deceased. Eyes narrowing, he stared at their frame with little to no intrest. They were dead.
If they were dead why should he care?
He didn't know them, and he had no desire to have had known them.
Ears flicked back, and he quickly changed his thoughts to the few wolves that were already here. Off the bat he recognised a few.
The alpha, was the first he registered, then the previous beta, Jeamesero. Caro looked to for the female that had approached the demoted beta when Caro was healing his paw, and curiously wondered if that was her he spotted.
A flash of white, derived him of confirming his suspicions, and he landed upon the face of the other creature whose paw he had also healed already. Deyanira, he recalled, was her name. Then, next to her was the brown male who had flaunted himself in front of Winter. Caro's ears flattened, and he gladly looked away, scanning again for more wolves. That was then he lifted his ears to gaze at the area around him, and he looked for his accomplice who had left the den area along with him.

Caro was still pondering over her location, which then traveled to the wonder if her wounds would slow her down. He thought over the inflictions, and dually reminded himself of how serious they were becoming. When he had looked at them they had not yet become infected, but with the humid air here, and the strange bugs he wouldn't be suprised if the maggots and creatures would begin to feast on her open flesh, and that it would become swollen with infection. Tail twitched behind him, and he sought to remeber the herbs to prevent infection.
A sudden realization that Winter may not even let him take a look at her wounds was another obstacle he would have to face. His tongue wetted his lips as he then left himself to his thoughts while observing the conversing wolves around him.
Caro
Caro

Character sheet
Name: Caro

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Sep 01, 2014 3:57 am

(Sorry for the wait. But before the funeral starts, one last pre-funeral post!)

As everyone arrived at the Lake of Red Leaves, Sirius took a moment to admire the scenery. It was perfect for those wolves to have their resting places here. The lake will surely help them to the stars. The old wolf looked up to the skies, it was getting darker and darker as the sun sets. Once the wolves arrive and buried the wolves, the night sky should appear right on time. Sirius looked towards Maverick and opened his mouth.
"Maverick, I would like to propose a request. If you would grant it, I wish for Shadow, Hati and Hatsune to be buried right next to the lake. Forgive me if I'm asking too much, it's my kind's tradition to bury the deceased ones by the water so that their souls can flow towards the Ocean. Before anything starts, I would like it to be done." Sirius asked politely.

- Addressed: Maverick -
- Mentioned:Shadow, Hati, Hatsune, the pack -
- Notes: The funeral will take place at Night time! -

Back to top Go down

Post by Maverick Mon Sep 01, 2014 11:36 am

Mave turned to Sirius when the elder proposed his funeral idea.
"Yes, I was thinking that also," he said to him. "But first we need to wait for Shadow, Hati, and Hatsune's bodies to show up. All we need left is Sune's."
He rose to his paws and flickered his tail.
"But, it wouldn't do any harm to begin digging the graves..."
The alpha turned to the rest of the pack.
"Everyone, we need you all to dig out three graves, all in a row, and right next to the water. Every little bit of help counts."

Addressed: Sirius, the pack
Mentioned: Shadow, Hati, Hatsune

(Short)
Maverick
Maverick
Head Admin

Location : Long gone... contactable on FeralHeart and my DeviantART account (@Kikiorylandia)

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiokkia Mon Sep 01, 2014 11:43 am

Kiokkia arrived by the shore of the lake, where everyone else was. She made it just in time to hear Mave speak about the graves.
"I'm going to choose the perfect spot for you, Hatsune,"
she whispered to the corpse.
Kio dragged Sune's body over to the shore. She looked around, and found a pretty spot by some flowers. The tracker dropped him from her muzzle and began to dig.

Addressed: Hatsune
Mentioned: Mave, the pack

(Short ugh)
Kiokkia
Kiokkia

Character sheet
Name: Kiokkia

Back to top Go down

Post by Bright Fang Mon Sep 01, 2014 7:33 pm

Bright Fang smiled hearing Jeames thank her. She felt useful for once. "no problem at all" she spoke up happily. suddenly Jeames quickened his pace and bright did as well matching his pace. He had made his way to the alpha. Hearing sadness still in Jeames's words bright frown but only for a second and then waited for her to be dismissed of holding the dead wolf.
Bright Fang
Bright Fang

Character sheet
Name: Bright Fang

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeamesero Wed Sep 03, 2014 3:25 pm

Jeamesero smiled back at Bright Fang and took over Hati’s full weight so she wouldn’t have to carry him anymore. He looked at Maverick who was speaking to Sirius about the funeral and a sting of guilt hit his heart. Jeamesero sighed and shook his head, watching as Kiokkia went to the lake to bury poor dead Hatsune. That poor wolf. Those poor wolves.
Jeamesero made his way towards the female, towards the edge of the lake, but stayed a few meters away from her, too afraid he would invade her space, too afraid she would shoot evil glares at him. Because after all he was one of the bad guys in this whole thing. This whole bad thing.
Stopping near the edge Jeamesero carefully dropped Hati’s corpse and looked at him, sighing once more. He then looked at his own reflection, the air stuck on his throat; he couldn’t even look himself in the eyes anymore.
Looking away from the water he bowed forward and started to dig in the ground, slowly but steadily digging a hole in the earth. The sand got kicked up behind his hind paws ass his front paws worked like mad. He wanted to get this job done soon so they could have the funeral. Jeamesero felt horrible, saying goodbye to someone who had died was the least thing he wanted to do right now.
Once he was done digging the last part of the hole he sighed in relief and lifted his head to look at the Alpha, waiting for any signs to start the funeral. He shook his coat clean and turned around sitting down, his tail curled around his body. He just sat there in a daze, his chestnut brown eyes staring off into the distance.

Addressed: No one Mentioned: Bright Fang, Maverick, Sirius, Hati Word Count: 295 Notes: Lame short catch up post, hurrrr I ALMOST HAVE A BOYFRIEND GUYS I’M FANGIRLING :D

Jeamesero

Character sheet
Name:

Back to top Go down

Post by Bright Fang Wed Sep 03, 2014 3:46 pm

Bright Fang smiled to Jeames and accompanied him to where he lay the wolf on the ground and began digging. Not wanting to interfere she went to the limp body and made sure the wolf was clean and prepped for the funeral. By the time she finished up Jeames was done digging the hole and had sat simply staring into nothing. Bright sat next to Jeames and spoke up. "Hey. I know you feel terrible about all this and that everyone has left you. I know how it feels and just know I'm here even though I don't necessarily know you." She weakly smiled remembering her old family that had caused her so much pain.
Bright Fang
Bright Fang

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Winter Thu Sep 04, 2014 11:52 am

Winter wandered behind everyone, eventually dropping back to distance herself further and further from Caro.
Caro... Nice name... Her eyes were drifting up to the branches above her, her vision threading through and noticing everything, while looking past everything at the same time.
The sun was so damn bright closer to the water.

Eventually, Winter saw Caro sitting over in the shade, and she made her way over to him. Not because she wanted to talk, but because if she sat by him she wouldn't have to worry about sitting near anyone else.
Her paws dragged in the dirt as she made her way over to him, tracing little patterns that were hidden beneath the moving silhouette of her body, her shadow dancing across the ground.  

"Meh." Her voice was quiet, a soft grunt to alert him of her presence before she sat next to him, looking over to the alpha. Is he also expecting me to help?...
Again her eyes were drawn to her various wounds, and she smiled. Her paws were in relatively good condition, unfortunately. Still, she wasn't going to assist with this, this... Odd custom.
Is this normal? Burying the deceased?... Curious as she was, her features remained indifferent, her ears flicking periodically as they picked up meaningless sounds.

(What is this monstrosity.)
Winter
Winter
Admin

Location : Lost in my imagination. With an axe since Im an axe murderer. ;3

Character sheet
Name: Winter Tolliver Saskia.

Back to top Go down

Post by Caro Fri Sep 05, 2014 10:43 pm

Caro:

The superior one had called for aid in the process of burying the deceased. Immediately, there were souls that drew forth to partake in the activity, as the ground gave way to their digits, lost in their own memory of their beloved.
Yet now that's all they were.
Just a memory.
A bitter, non tangible thing, a forever haunt of the past. Who was, and who can never come back to you again.

The male's nose wrinkled to the labor taking place, his withers twitched, and he distastefully drew his eyes away, staring towards the grey mountains. However, he could scent her before he saw her, and with a swift look over, he noticed Winter settle herself down.
"Meh."
Tinted ears twitched, and his nostrils flared, as he curiously looked at her.
What  sound had that been?
His eyes remained curious, but deep inside it nearly amused him. Which led him to think, which then led him to speaking, "Amuse. To cause mirth, laughter, or the like."
His tongue ran over his teeth, a habit he had gotten into since a young age, before he inclined his chin, to jest towards her, "I don't recall ever being fortunate enough to have you entertain, or amuse me with your particular definition of fine."
His shoulders twitched, he was very keen on understanding her reasons, as he noticed her injuries once again.

Caro
Caro

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Winter Sat Sep 06, 2014 10:36 am

Must there always be talking?...
"Amuse. To cause mirth, laughter, or the like." Winter scowled as he defined Amuse, as if she didn't already know what it meant. Her body tightened naturally, though she began relaxing slightly as he spoke again.
"I don't recall ever being fortunate enough to have you entertain, or amuse me with your particular definition of fine."
I suppose a healer would be curious...
She sat there, back stiff as she sat and looked at everyone else assisting with the digging of graves. It seemed to be an emotional and exhausting process, and she didn't understand why they felt like doing it. Shouldn't they just shred them to pieces? That seems like the normal thing to do; Odd wolves...
She continued to watch them, thoughts of answer Caro far from her mind. Eventually though, she was sick of watching the wolves work, and turned her gaze onto the healer beside her. Winter spoke no words as she stared straight at him, though a small, almost sinister smile split her face in half, teeth glinting slight from behind the crooked smile.
After a good long while, she began laughing, a soft chuckle that shook her entire body and squeezed her eyes shut. Enough.
The happiness fell from her face immediately, eyes becoming stony as she kept her gaze steady on Caro, lips forming a tight thin line while she blinked.
"Fine; Of superior or best quality, of high or highest grade." She paused, running her tongue over her teeth briefly before she slowly drawing her eyes over his features, gaze roaming all over his body. She almost didn't want to stop staring, but eventually Winter brought her gaze back to his face.
"I am perfectly fine."
Winter
Winter
Admin

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Maverick Sat Sep 06, 2014 12:33 pm

Mave watched as Kiokkia began to bury Hatsune and Jeames and Bright for Hati.
"We need someone to bury Shadow please, next to either Hati or Hatsune," he said to the pack.
He looked around at the pack once more before he continued.

"The funeral will begin once when Shadow is buried."

Addressed: The pack
Mentioned: Kiokkia, Jeames, Bright, Hati, Hatsune, Shadow

(Ugh lame post)
Maverick
Maverick
Head Admin

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Caro Sat Sep 06, 2014 12:38 pm

Caro:

Almost immediately he could tell that she didn't exactly agree with talking. Although he could understand why, in all honesty he wasn't much of a socializer himself. Yet his curiosity is what drove him mad, which led him to have to know why she hurt herself. Perhaps it was a strange disease she carried, perhaps she was sick. Either way, he was strangely determined to find out.
Yet, she kept him waiting for a reply, and for a few rather boring moments did he just sit there before taking his gaze elsewhere. He could give her time, but eventually she would need to answer. His tail twitched, orbs glancing at the burial before him before they fastened once more onto the mountains. A child like glaze spread over his distant, emotionless amber, as the memory of his pup hood was rekindled due to their superior height and familiar terra.

Suddenly she laughed. His ears flew forward in surprise, and his chin sharply turned so he could view her face. Her pallid maw had spread back, revealing her canines, eyes shutting. Obviously Caro looked a bit flustered, especially so when her mood suddenly changed, and her eyes hardened as she replied,

"Fine; Of superior or best quality, of high or highest grade."

The surprise glint in his eyes was replaced, with a curious one mixed with humor, yet any contour of his face remained void of expression. His head tilted the slightest, making him look a bit childish in doing so, as he then found her gaze roaming his body, before it finally met his eyes again. She had viewed him for a short length of time, but it was enough for him to steal a glance at her wounds.
Now he knew that something was wrong. Perhaps it wasn't an ailment, but a emotional scar. She seemed at perfect ease with her injuries, everything about her statement had been true, especially her last chilly reply.

"I am perfectly fine."

He remained seated there, his eyes fastened into her own. Caro wasn't exactly sure how he felt about her answer, he was still so confused, but yet in a sense, she had given him clues and a oral answer to his simple question.
"There," he began, his voice strangely warm, "that wasn't so hard."
Caro
Caro

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Winter Sat Sep 06, 2014 4:05 pm

Despite herself, Winter couldn't hold back the grin from Caros response, eyes sparkling. She shifted slightly, turning to look at the alpha as he spoke, though she didn't really listen, the words going in one ear and out the other. It was just more funeral talk anyways, nothing that applied to her.
"Is this... A normal custom?" She turned to look at Caro, her curiosity suddenly getting the best of her.

(Blech.)
Winter
Winter
Admin

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Dawn Sat Sep 06, 2014 9:13 pm

Deya grimaced at the sight of Jeames dragging Shadow's body. She was sure to keep her gaze departed from Dukane's form, her eyes pointed to the earth instead of to him. Her orbs directed towards a new white fae. Deyanira should probably acquaint herself with all of the wolves she had not yet met.
The silver-coated fae picked her way towards the white female and introduced herself. “I am Deyanira, I'm a warrior. You must be new.” with a swift nod of her head, “Welcome to Riadven.” she held no emotion in her facial expression, but a gentle wag of her tail made the fae feel more welcoming.
She turned her eyes around the clearing and scanned, a couple of new wolves. And she glared inwardly on herself for snapping at Verine, she'd apologize next. The warrior turned her eyes back to the white female she had not yet met. There were injuries present upon her pelt but Deyanira couldn't bring herself to care. Dukane had hardly an interest in her and staying it seemed. Her best friend had been murdered by her love. Deya shook her head, you will never think of it as murder. It was a mercy killing. her mind shouted at her. Her ears pinned to her cranium for a moment and a q uiet whine escaped her, but after a moment of closed eyes, she returned, a slow, sly smile returning to her maw.

Addressed: Winter Mentioned: Verine Notes: -
Dawn
Dawn

Character sheet
Name: Deyanira

Back to top Go down

Post by Caro Sat Sep 06, 2014 10:33 pm

Caro:

His eyes glanced sideways towards her grin, and he allowed the spark of pleasure and amusement to linger in his eyes for her to see.
Yet he still did not smile.
After a moment, he stopped and opened his jaws releasing a yawn, and as well releasing stress he didn't know was built up. With a clear chest, he rotated his shoulders, riding them of their sores and shaking his pelt.
Caro focused on a near by figure, noted it was Deyanira, before continuing on. The gaze wove over the wolves, but slipped past the dead carcasses on the floor. His mind wandered here and there, until the female next to him spoke.

"Is this... a normal custom?"

His ear drums vibrated with the sound of her curiosity, and he inclined his head the slightest, not looking back at her while replying, preoccupied with watching a grave in process.
"It appears so." His voice still rung with his unusual warm temper, which he was oblivious to at the moment. Ears pricking at a sudden movement of yet another bug, they flicked back in annoyance for a moment, until he continued, "Although I'm not sure why, I don't exactly see the reason behind it, or what kind of purpose it creates. Burying someone seems just to be even more painful. After all, you watch their dead body, before hauling it into a hole, to then cover with dirt and then erase all memories of them from the Earth."
His nose twitched.
"I'd rather be left in a field of flowers, to become ash on my bodies own accord. No burial, no bitter memory. Just to let my body lie in peace."
Caro felt strange talking about his death, which was inevitable at some point. He just wondered what it would all feel like, if he really could die peacefully. A bed of flowers, on a warm night, a starry night, and the mountains a dark black outline in the sky.
Yes, that would be the place he wished to pass.
Caro
Caro

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Winter Sat Sep 06, 2014 11:03 pm

"I'd rather be left in a field of flowers, to become ash on my bodies own accord. No burial, no bitter memory. Just to let my body lie in peace."
It sounded beautiful.
But Winter wanted a gruesome death. It wouldn't have to be bloody, but it would be painful. No matter what it was, it would hurt. All the way to the end. Yes...

It was then that her attention was drawn to a different fae.
“I am Deyanira, I'm a warrior. You must be new. Welcome to Riadven.”
Winter leaned back, eyeing Deyanira suspiciously. What made the warrior feel obligated to come up to her? Surely she didn't do it out of choice, out of want. Why does everyone feel as though they can approach me? Her ears flattened, a sullen anger pulsing through her body. She didn't care to meet this fae; Had she, and she would've gone up to Deyanira herself.
I wonder how offended she'd be if I just walked away...
However, despite herself, Winter remained motionless, brushing off the whimper of the fae easily. Why should she care about some stranger and their inner turmoil?
Like she didn't have enough of her own.
As she sat there, Winter took the time to run her eyes over the build and look of the female. Perhaps she was considered beautiful by others, but Winter didn't care enough to notice it, to process it.
A warrior.
This fae, was a Warrior?
Ohmygod...

An uproarious laughter exploded from Winters lips, her head naturally flying back as she continued to think about this female fighting.
"So small..." Winter murmured the words softly, only to herself as she leveled her green eyes at Deyanira, smiling with approval that was so false it was undeniably believable. No, she wasn't attracted to the warrior, but she sure as hell looked like she was.
Smirking, Winter parted her lips, chuckling softly before uttering the soft question. "You, are a warrior? You with the slender body and small stature?" Winter wasn't judging, no. After all, how could she mock someone for being small when she was skinnier than any loner she had ever had the misfortune to come across?
Without waiting for an answer, Winter turned her back on Deyanira, glancing at Caro once without emotion before walking off to lay down. Alone.
Solitude... How could anyone ever complain?

Winter
Winter
Admin

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Caro Sat Sep 06, 2014 11:29 pm

Caro:

He had completely missed the approach of the white female warrior. His attention suddenly turned on her, and he pricked his ears, acknowledging her arrival. However, she wasn't keen on speaking with him, just introducing herself to Winter. The male scooted over just a bit, allowing more room to flow within the bodies of the wolves before him.
Involuntarily his ears then slid back, as the two females began to converse. Once again his jaw felt clamped shut, and almost begrudgingly, did he turned his head the opposite direction of them, refusing to even look at them.
However, he was tempted to when he heard Winter's rather sharp remark. Yet, he did not allow himself the look at her or Deyanira. Anyways he figured an argument was potentially about to be brewed.
Ears flattened down even more, and his eyes wandered, paws doing a random shuffle.

Time flowed by slowly, and only did Caro look back towards the two pallid creatures when Winter got up and removed herself from the group. His eyes watched her most curiously, but he did not pursue her figure. Staying glued to the ground, he then faced the remaining one with his chest, his fur finally pricked back to normal, and his ears each took their own time to press forward.
Caro wasn't exactly sure what to say now, he figured Deyanira would be to ruffled to speak, and he didn't particularly care to speak to wolves who were rude. After all, he already had seen how the warrior behaved when things upset her.
So he took the liberty to recline himself upon the bed of grass and rested his chin upon his paws, returning his attention to the burials taking place. Only once did his eyes flash towards Winter, but forcefully he returned them to the work being done.
Caro
Caro

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Dawn Sun Sep 07, 2014 12:42 am

Deyanira watched as the fae scanned her, she remained emotionless until a sudden burst of laughter erupted from the moon-coloured fae. Followed by an inaudible but clearly insulting mumble, and finally an easily disregarded question. Deya, however, took the inquiry as an insult.
As the white fae turned her back, Deyanira did not allow her fur to bristle, merely for her frame to become a slithering, lithe shadow. She darted beneath the white fae and stood roughly to unbalance her and rammed herself into the side of Winter, pain shot through her injured paw but Deya bared her teeth and ignored it.  Within seconds Deya was upon the white fae and she held her snarling jaws near the fae's neck as though to snap them shut on her throat.
The silver fae called herself off, This female was already injured, and Deya had been violent enough to possibly re-open a couple of the deeper wounds. With a menacing voice Deyanira spoke, “Yes. I am a warrior, and I will defend my pride as I defend my pack.” with a silent threat lingering, the warrior spoke once more, still ready to attack again, “You have made an enemy in this pack.” she pushed harshly down upon the fae with her uninjured paw and limped away, head low and a quiet growl following her.
She turned to Caro, “I'd suggest checking her over, I may have reopened the wounds. Probably not, I was careful.”
Unhesitantly, she walked to Maverick and waited for orders, though her eyes mislead her and made their way to Dukane. She couldn't tear them away, her silver-blue hued irises flicked about his form, scanning him, wishing only to feel him rather than see him.

Addressed: Winter, Caro Mentioned: Maverick, Duke. Notes: -

Last edited by Deyanira on Sun Sep 07, 2014 5:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
Dawn
Dawn

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Maverick Sun Sep 07, 2014 11:24 am

Mave looked around the pack once more. He sighed; he loved all these wolves... but he was guessing that they needed a new leader. He never had pups. He didn't have a heir.
What about Cassiel and Verine?
They'd be good. At least with them, they'd probably end up having pups and will have a heir for the next alpha. He would promote them in front of everyone near the end of the funeral. He rose to his paws and looked over to Sirius.
"It's time."
The alpha walked over to a high ledge, so then everyone could see him. He looked over to Sitius and nodded, telling him to follow. Turning to the rest of the pack, Maverick announced,
"Everyone, please settle down. The funeral is about to start."

Addressed: Sirius, the pack
Mentioned: Cassiel, Verine

(SIRIUS GET YOUR BOOTY READY)
Maverick
Maverick
Head Admin

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeamesero Sun Sep 07, 2014 3:30 pm

Jeamesero finally got back to his senses when Bright Fang spoke to him. He turned his head to her, looking at her with a daze in his eyes. He then forced a weak smile onto his face; Jeamesero was glad she was there by his side to help him, but he didn’t feel like he deserved this kind of help. He had killed a wolf, attacked one. He had caused misery to this pack. Jeamesero was even surprised that he was still part of this pack.
He got up and looked at Hati, then at the hole he had dug. Sighing he walked over to the dead, cleaned wolf and grabbed him by the scruff, dragging the corpse into the hole. He filled the hole with sand after that and sat back dwon as he stared at his dirty paws; he had just buried a wolf.
Perking his ears towards the sound of a familiar voice Jeamesero looked behind him to see Maverick speaking about Shadow’s body. The Hudson Bay wolf got to his paws, turning back around to face the Alpha.
‘’If no one is willing to bury Shadow, I would like to do it. If that’s alright with you.’’, he said, a sad look in his chestnut brown eyes, his ears pushed back slightly as he eyed the Alpha nervously. He swallowed, hoping for a response. When there came no answer Jeamesero guessed Maverick was fine with it, or just too busy to hear him.

No one was willing to bury Shadow, which was kind of sad. Jeamesero really wanted to do it, because he wanted to give Shadow a nice spot near the lake, just like Hati and Hatsune were given a nice spot, a great final resting place.
The light brown coated male walked over to the dead black wolf and grabbed him by his scruff, pulling the body along towards the lake. He carefully dropped the male once he was there and began to dig in the ground fiercely. He wanted to get this funeral started so that they could finally say their goodbyes. He hated funerals, he was horrible with goodbyes. He wanted to get it all over with, soon. And he didn’t want any help with digging or burying either, because he knew he didn’t deserve any help. And he didn’t need it.
After he was done digging the grave he took a moment to catch his breath and moved over to Shadow, dragging the corpse into the hole. After that it was time again to shove the earth over the dead wolf. He had already done it, so he knew how to do it right, and how to do it fast.
After he was done digging and burying once more Jeamesero sat down and took another deep breath, closing his eyes for a moment. He listened to Maverick addressing everyone that the funeral would start and he opened his eyes again, watching the Alpha male. Maverick seemed different, he seemed a bit… nervous? At least he acted differently than normally, differently than a few minutes ago. Did he hate saying goodbye, too?

Addressed: Maverick Mentioned: Bright Fang, Hati, Hatsune, Shadow, Maverick Word Count: 520 Notes: FUNERAL D:

Jeamesero

Character sheet
Name:

Back to top Go down

Post by Bright Fang Sun Sep 07, 2014 3:41 pm

Bright fang sighed as Jeames covered the body of the dead wolf and offered to burry the other wolf remaining. She wanted to help take some of labor off his paws but she didn't want to be a nuisance so she sat simply watching. As maverick called the funeral to start Bright made her way to Jeames, the only Wolf she knew in this pack. "is it Ok if I sit with you. I don't want to be a bother." she stood waiting to see if she could accompany him.
Bright Fang
Bright Fang

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Verine Sun Sep 07, 2014 6:26 pm

Verine slowed as she broke through the trees, eyes wandering around and over everyone, until she saw Maverick.
And nearby, graves.
Three Graves.
What happened...?
Whining, Verine rushed over to Mave, staring into his eyes for a second, huffing. Her ears flattened as she looked over to the graves again, then back to Mave, a clear amount of hurt in her eyes as she stared at him. Who did this...

Such an odd relationship Verine had, with Death. As a warrior, it was her duty to protect her pack. If that meant killing someone, so be it. Slaughtering a single loner for the sake of an entire pack was nothing. But when it came to death within the pack, things changed. It always brought up visions of the mass of bodies she was surrounded by in her birthpack, all of them either dead or dying.
The death of a packmate--Of family--Was different. Always different.
"Who did this..." Verine looked down, tears welling up in her eyes as she stared at her paws, angst rising within her. Agony and Anger. Apprehension and so many other things thrashing around in her body.
"WHO DID THIS?" Without waiting for an answer, Verine pushed past Maverick to look at the bodies of her packmates.
Shadow. We hadn't had the opportunity to speak, dear Shadow, but I wish we could have... Forgive me, dear friend...
A Large Brown wolf. I don't know your name, but your death is regrettable, nonetheless. Perhaps we could've been friends... Sleep peacefully, stranger.
And another Loner, a smaller, black male. You have such a kind face, stranger... I would've loved to gaze upon it and talk to you for hours upon hours... Instead, this. May you rest easy, dear vagabond.
Tears.
Physically, there was nothing. Emotionally was a different story.
Though she hardly knew them, large pangs of grief stabbed at her heart, the anguish of it all wrapping around her brain and choking out all the sense from her mind.
Run.
All she wanted to do was run. Run until she was far away from this death. And disease.
Shadow was sick...? Her eyes roamed over the males mouth, settling on the foamy spittle with dread.
Of course it was Rabies. Of course.

Whimpering to herself, Verine wandered off away from the graves to sit by where she had first entered from the trees, waiting for Kahlua or Cass to appear. To snuggle with. She didn't lie down, more like collapse, her body numb.
Death could be a great mercy.
But it could also be punishment.
Why are the loners dead?...They didn't have Rabies...
Covering her eyes with her paws, Verine tried to calm her thrashing emotions, and resist the urge to run and hide until it was all over.
Until things were happy again.

( This post v-v )
Verine
Verine
Admin

Character sheet
Name: Verine bb ;3

Back to top Go down

Post by Winter Sun Sep 07, 2014 6:52 pm

You tiny, meaningless butterfly... It'd be wise to get off of me.
Smiling, Winter reached up a single paw to stroke at the side of the warriors face, a gentle whisper across the females cheek. Her green eyes glittered as she stared into the icy gaze of Deyanira, lips parting as though to speak, though no words came out. Her lips moved silently, forming no words while the warrior threatened her. Like she could do anything that would cause more pain than what Winter already did to herself. Besides, this female was weak. She was broken.
She was nothing.

As Deyanira pushed her into the earth, and walked off growling, Winter began to laugh again. First, it was quiet, soft little chuckles that gently rocked her body as she lay there, on her back.
And then it grew, becoming little shouts, eerie and uproarious. She brought her paws to her face, pretending to wipe away small tears as she continued to laugh, rolling onto her side to watch Deyanira.
“I'd suggest checking her over, I may have reopened the wounds. Probably not, I was careful.”
"Oh! That'd be unnecessary! Believe me, she's much weaker than she already looks!"
Winters face split into a nasty grin, eyes twinkling as she looked over at Caro and moved to sit upright. She licked her paw once, dragging it over her left ear before standing to go sit off alone, as she had originally intended.
As she moved, all humor fell from her face, and her head hung low, ruff bristling slightly. When she reached the treeline, she turned to face everyone, gracefully lowering her body to the ground and folding herself up comfortably. Her eyes sought out Deya, filling with newfound hatred. What a bothersome warrior. Eeuch.
But, she had had her fun. And clearly, this wasn't the time for any misbehavior. She should be mourning. What a joke. Who among these wolves would care if I was dead? From the darkest recesses of her mind, her own voice answered, hateful as it was resentful.
No one would care for you... No one.

(This feels so wrong and so right. Im conflicted.)
Winter
Winter
Admin

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Caro Sun Sep 07, 2014 8:30 pm

Caro:

In all things of the world, it was cruel and scarred.
Some believed it perfect.
It was not.
The proof for the amber orbs was the burial announced.

Death.
Was that not enough proof? Enough to show the blackness, and darkness that shadowed the land many believed to be light.
Life was built on figurative imaginations of the word perfect, and many fools chose to believe it true.
He knew it was not.
He loathed the idea of trickery.

Impatiently his tail flicked from side to side, in it's strange rhythm, muscles pinching together. Not even the summon of his alpha could make him move. He lay idly by, in the shade of the tree, whose proximity was close enough to see the contour lines of the deceased before him, and those who faces were riddled with grief and disbelief.
Orbs casted down, a sharp look edged; he felt almost too close.
That was why he accepted the perfect excuse to look away, to roll off the burial before hand that he did not want to be part of.
Yet what he saw next was just as bad.

A fight.
A fight over pride.
His teeth clenched, eyes becoming flints towards the aggression. Oh how he despised it! Along his withers the fur ruffled, but he remained statue like, eyes feasting on the scene before him.
He watched.
He observed.
His memory was keen, and it was sharp. Most of his life he had watched, he had learned, and then he had knowledge that others would not have desired to know. The smallest clues, the smallest hints, vague words, and disappearances. He could match them. Which is why he remained there, not bothering to stop it.
He wanted to learn.

The female warrior, just as it was predicted, from his vivid memory, retaliated in all ways he expected her to.
By force.
The victim, the other white face, did nothing, but take it.
His ears flattened, for an unknown reason, perhaps he was ruffled by the fact she was almost at ease, that she wasn't ruffled herself. Orbs darted only once towards the burial before they focused on the action in front of him.
Any act of violence exchanged he tensed to, and at one point did he permit a low growl, a soft one unheard by anyone more than a few feet from him.

Then he was addressed, in a way he didn't find pleasing.
"I'd suggest checking her over, I may have reopened the wounds. Probably not I was careful."
How considerate, he taunted to the warrior with his eyes, but did not orally proclaim them. Yet as she walked away he still did not stir. He figured by Winter's remark she was unsteady at the moment, her temperament would not be one Caro felt like he could deal with. Even though he had not been attacked, he felt strangely threatened, and so he slithered any signs of looking over Winter, though he rather very much wanted to, and continued to press his chest into the ground.

[I had to rewrite this post because my last one got deleted by accident. I wanted to punch something xD]
Caro
Caro

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Dawn Sun Sep 07, 2014 8:55 pm

Deya flicked her tail in dismissal of Winter's hysteric laughter. She was obviously crazy. Her eyes travelled about as a new form entered the clearing, the blend of colours clashed in her coat as the blue eyed fae made her way to each of the bodies in turn. After a few moments, the patterned fae broke down upon herself, hiding her eyes and sobbing.
The warrior collected her posture and steadied her mind before making her way over. “Verine. I'm terribly sorry for the rudeness of my introduction upon first meeting you. I would like to start again.” she finished, seating herself beside the fae. Deyanira wasn't terribly good with emotions, but she knew that a sobbing wolf as such could use some sort of comfort. “Would you.. er.. like to talk about it?” She said awkwardly.
Maverick announced the beginning of the funeral and Deya nodded, ready to hear Sirius guide the three wolves to the valley of stars. She held her gaze on Verine and began to soothe the fae, running her tail slowly down her pelt of many shades. Patches of white, black and grey all melted together into a pattern kept clear by browns and tans. Deya smiled. “You're very pretty, Verine.” she said softly, being sure not to interrupt the funeral.

Addressed: Verine Mentioned: - Notes: -
Dawn
Dawn

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum: